Rev. Ernest Angley and his wife, Angel, came to Springfield Township in Akron, Ohio, as traveling evangelists in 1954; and they began holding services in a tent. All people were welcome regardless of personal history, background or ethnicity. Many who attended were saved, baptized in water and then went on to receive the baptism of the Holy Ghost. The local people were excited to have the full Gospel preached and see it be confirmed with miracles and healings.
After a summer of services, Rev. Angley moved his services to a local theatre for the winter. In the spring of 1955, he and many dedicated volunteer workers built a temporary building—the tabernacle—to use while a permanent church was being constructed. Services continued in the tabernacle until the main part of the church was completed. The building was then dedicated as The Temple of Healing Stripes on June 21, 1957, and the name was later changed to Grace Cathedral.
Services continued in Akron until March 20, 1994, when Rev. Angley moved them to the recently purchased Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio location. Grace Cathedral continues to use the Akron church for our youth and other special events, but all services are now at the main location in Cuyahoga Falls. Chris Machamer joined as a pastor in 1996, and Steve Millar joined in 2008. Rev. Angley continued his pastoral duties until he took a leave of absence in 2019. Rev. Chris and Rev. Steve were then placed in the lead pastor roles. They are both consecrated to God and committed to helping all people find and follow the truth found in the Bible. Rev. Angley went to Heaven to be with his Lord and Master at 99 on May 7, 2021.